- minimize Thunderbird to the tray
- show number of unread messages
- hide/show via mousewheel and/or click
- custom icon possible
If you are updating GNOME (e.g. when installing a new version of Ubuntu-Linux) your installed FireTray may be incompatible to it, preventing your Thunderbird to start at all (and therefore you can't install a new version). If this is the case, use the following way to solve your problem:
- Start Thunderbird in safe mode via terminal:
- Uninstall Firetray.
- Start Thunderbird the normal way and install the newest version